Pages

Monday, February 1, 2016

Skyping with a Real Author!

Connecting our learning to real life! 

Check out her blog/books- http://jdpooker.blogspot.com/p/books.html

Skype Overview:

Description

Objective: I can provide relevant, interesting information that supports my main idea. 
Focus: Discuss when and how details are used to support an idea and create vivid mental images.

Key Questions

How does the inclusion or exclusion of information affect the coherence of the message?
How do I create vivid mental images?
How do I support my main idea?

Expected Outcomes

Explain how writers use details to support their ideas and what kind of information is most effective. Use these as mentor texts. Encourage students to try some of the techniques they notice other writers.

No comments:

Post a Comment