Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Changes from Heat Day 1

Changes from Heat:
I introduced the section by reviewing several essential questions that we want to answer by the end of the week. 




Frozen Coke
Then, I brought out my frozen Coke can in a large zip bag that I put in the freezer overnight. There were certain changes to the shape of the container. We discussed about what happened as the heat was removed (changes versus what stayed the same).

The Summer Picnic
I posed the question to students that we need to pack a picnic lunch for a summer beach visit, but we must choose things that will not melt in the hot summer sun. I had students sketch their picnic items and describe why they will not melt. Afterwards, we discussed our items and reasoning as a class. 










No comments:

Post a Comment